Sunday, March 6, 2011

Congo Bars.....fudge with vanilla and coconut

From the book Living Raw Food by Sarma Melngailis

I am still gleaning amazing recipes from my great 10 book check out from the Public Library!  There are so many books available for free! Just a matter of reserving them and then diving in!! It definitely makes a difference to have recipe books to inspire you to "uncook" something wonderful.

This recipe has a few steps, but only took about 15 mins to make:

1 c walnuts (I used almonds because I can buy a huge bag from Costco for $9)
1 c pecans (I used brazil nuts, just because I had them)
2/3 c chocolate sauce (1/2 cocoa, 1/4 c maple syrup, 2 T stevia, 1/2 tsp vanilla, pinch salt, 2 T coconut oil)
              - I didn't make the sauce I just added the ingredients for the sauce to my recipe
              - reserve a tablespoon to drizzle on top of bars
1/4 c raisens
1/4 c coconut
1 T maple syrup or honey
2 T coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt

process nuts and add sauce, raisens, and other ingred. till creamy.  pour into wax paper lined tupperware - or use plastic wrap lined.  refridgerate.  while thats in the fridge, mix up the topping.

1/2 c coconut
2 T honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
2 T coconut oil
1 c coconut

mix ingredients together and top the refridgerated mixture.  sprinkle cacao nibs on top and drizzle chocolate sauce, return to fridge.....slice into bars and enjoy!
these are so yummy, they taste so fudgey!

No comments:

Post a Comment