Sunday, March 6, 2011

Falling off the Wagon....or, not ever even getting on.

You may not be the person to jump on the bandwagon, try eating raw for 50% or any % for that mattter....or you may just rise to the challenge of eating raw 100%, whatever the case...eating raw isn't going to hurt you and in my case, it actually made me realize the effects of food.  My mom always talks about how food affects her....and I never could really tell, but since I have been eating raw for 60+ days....well, I had to fall off the wagon so I could reap the rewards of hearing my body "disagree" with me.  I woke up and decided I wanted cheese, so I made an omelet....I have chickens so I feel it a terrible waste not to eat an egg or two a week.  I like the protein and I love the way my chickens repay me for room and board.  I guess you could say I am 95% raw :)  Anyways, I fell off the wagon.  I ate an omelet with cheese and spinach...I had to add something raw, then, then, then....I ate a bunch of Teddy Grahams with Nutella.....OMG, my tummy yelled at me.  Let's just say I was Queen for the next morning upon my throne.....Guess I won't do that again.  There is an amazing recipe for a raw version of Nutella....and instead of Teddy Grahams...I will stick with a banana!! Lesson learned.....I love raw......and I need a reminder now and again when I get a hankering for something cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment