Friday, March 11, 2011

Raw Thai Papaya Salad

My raw buddie and I celebrated our 30 days of raw at the Thai Orchid....we didn't eat all raw food but we did discover a salad similar to this one...so spicy and full of flavor...and at the end I have to lick the juice from the plate....

The recipe is from http://goneraw.com/recipe/raw-thai-papaya-salad

Ingredients: 
1 toe of garlic
1/2 jalepeno or other pepper
1/2 handful peanuts ( I used sunflower seeds...its all I had, still delicious)
1 tomato
fresh cilantro
1 green papaya
tablespoon braggs
juice of 1 lemon
favorite hot/pepper sauce (optional)
Cayenne pepper to taste
Preparation: 
crush gralic, dice peppers, chop peanuts, tomato, & cilantro. cut papaya with saladaco (I don't have one of these so I used a mandoline slicer, you could also use a potatoe peeler and peel some "noodles". combine all ingredients with braggs and lemon. chill and serve.
****this dish is spicy****

No comments:

Post a Comment