Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pasta!!! Pasta!!!

I started blogging mostly for myself because I wanted to save all these recipes I have been "uncooking".  And its always fun to share with family and friends who ask, because it has been a topic of discussion.  Sometimes I see different friends eyes roll when I start to talk about Raw food...oh well.  Here is the scoop, the more I read and study these books and experience this food journey....well, the more convinced I am that it is for me!  When you find that it your life, you want to share it! I feel better, more even/balanced, way less moodiness, and am in constant awe at the amazing food that has been provided for us!  I don't want to "sell" it to anyone....it sells itself! Once you feel how much energy you have! And I am not saying you need to go 100% raw...just try 50% and you'll see an amazing change! 

I have been posting lots of chocolate things and now I found these interesting recipes...both for Pasta!! Not made of gluey white flour that has been bleached for your pleasure, but made from vegis....yum!

Recipe from Raw Food A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day by Erica Palmcantz and Irmela Lilja

Zucchini Pasta with Marinated Mushrooms

1 zucchini peeled
4 slice mushrooms
5 cherry tomatoes
1/4 c sunflower sprouts

marinade:
1 T Braggs
1 T ovoo
2 sprigs of parsley finely chopped
1 T lemon juice

make marinade and put in sliced mushrooms (marinate up to 3 hours)
make thick strips of pasta zucchini using your potatoe peeler, keep doing it all the way to the seeds.
put pasta on a plate, top with mushrooms, tomatoes, & sprouts!

Pesto Pasta

1 zucchini
1 carrot
2 T Pesto (1/2 c pine nuts/or I have used pumpkin seeds, 1/2 c ovoo, 1 sprig of basil/I like to use more, 2 tsp salt, lemon juice to taste.  Process)
5 cherry tomatoes or other tomatoe chunks
5 Kalamata olives

use potatoe peeler and make thick pasta noodles out of zucchini and carrot
Toss pasta with pesto
add tomatoes and olives
Enjoy!


Parmesan Cheese
This is great for sprinkling on your Pasta dishes:
1/2 c pumpkin seeds (grind in coffee grinder)
1/2 tsp salt

mix together and sprinkle like parmesan cheese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment