Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chips

Snacking on carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and celery are delicious crunchy snacks....but I just have been craving something "chippy". My mom gave me this recipe and I have changed it all over the place for different types of chips:
Soak:
1 c whole flax seed
1 1/2 c water
1/2 c fresh salsa

options: cayenne pepper, salt, Braggs, onions, garlic, herbs...etc.

soak until the mixture is goopy...at least 2 hours, overnight is best.   drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 8-10 hours, take chips off paper to test for crispness.  once they are crispy they are great for dipping hummus, salsa, etc.  Totally Rawdical!!

Sweet Potatoe Chips

1 large Sweet potatoe sliced thinly
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tb Braggs
2 Tb Olive oil

slice potatoe and coat with sauce to marinade....place on trays and dehydrate....oh soooo yummy...and chippy! full of flavor!

1 comment:

  1. Shawna ... wondering about the raw sweet potatoes. When I looked them up (as I had some on hand) it said there was a danger of something if they are eaten uncooked. I wonder if the dehydrator takes care of whatever that is. Just wanted to mention it. Let me know if you find anything out about that.

    ReplyDelete