Thursday, January 20, 2011

Salad Can Rawk!

I was hoping to blog more often then this, but I guess I am too busy making raw dishes! Ha! I had a Raw Pow Wow with a few girl friends, the food was delicious!! We had some Avacado Tacos.....the recipe is to follow, but first, my Mom gave me this Rawkin' Salad recipe:

2 T apple cider vinegar
juice of one lemon
1/2 t salt
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t basil (I used fresh and put in way more than 1/2 t...more like 1/4 cup)
1/4 t pepper
3 T fresh parmesan cheese (I omitted this since I am not eating any cheese, the recipe still tastes amazing)
1/3 c olive oil
1 clove pressed garlic
1 T parsley chopped (again I used fresh and WAY more than 1 T - more like 1/4 cup)

process and pour over 6 cups of your favorite chopped vegis.....the longer it sits, the better.....YUM!
cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoe, spinach, carrots, onion, bell peppers of every color.......endless choices of vegis!

1 comment:

  1. i'll admit...this sounds {and looked} really good! and i keep thinking about all of those homegrown veggies that we have all summer....
    i think even I can do this one {but i probably won't omit the parm cheese! baby steps, right?} ;)

    ReplyDelete