Monday, January 31, 2011

The Mile High Sun Burger

This recipe is, well, sort of earthy...if thats the word. It is full of great flavors and piled a mile high with your favorite vegis....Yum...prepare yourself for a most fulfilling raw meal!

2 C sunflower seeds, soaked 6-8 hours
1/2 C carrots (I used red bell pepper because I was out of carrots)
1/2 C celery
3 green onions, sliced (out of these too, so I used red onion)
1 red bell pepper, sliced (time to be creative because I didn't want too much bell peppers..so I omitted this)
1/4 C fresh basil
1/4 C frsh parsley
Braggs to taste Process all ingredients with S blade in a food processor. Make patties and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12-24 hours until dry. Turn patties over when dehydrating on a teflex sheets after 6 hours.

Now for the bread:

This bread is so great! It is flavorful and filling...I am always amazed at how versatile this bread is for other meals like almond butter and banana sandwiches!!

1 c ground flax
1/3 c whole flax
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove of garlic
2 T onion
1 1/3 c water
2/3 c sunflower seeds (soaked is best...but do what 'cha gotta do!)
1/4 c sesame seeds ( I omitted these the first time...it was still great, I have dried the black ones and the light ones, both taste delicious)

process all ingredients and spread in your dehydrator (if your dehydrator has plastic trays you may need to line them with parchment paper...I just cut the paper to fit my circles and spread the dough on) Dehydrate for 6 - 8 hours....pliable tortilla consistency.

Put your burger on your bread add some mustard and pile it high with some amazing God given vegis like:  cucumbers, lettuce, onion, tomatoe, avacado, mushrooms, sprouts, carrot shavings, pickles...olives, spinach, different colored bell peppers.....etc

No comments:

Post a Comment