Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cocoa Crispies

I love being creative in the kitchen, it keeps me interested.  I have been trying to "create" two raw recipes each day.  Borrowing my friends books gave me a great start so I reserved every raw recipe book I could find from the library.  Cereal is one of my favorite snacks and eating raw doesn't give me very many choices but this Cocoa Crispie recipe hit the spot!

Cocoa Crispies
2 c Buckwheat groats (1.50ish a pound at Lassens - raw, they have them at Winco but they are toasted - bummer)
Soak the BW for at least 1 hour, I soaked it over night
3/4 c maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tb cocoa
2 packets stevia

after soaking the BW drain and add other ingredients to food processor, process until it looks oatmealish. spread on parchment paper lined dehydrator and dehydrate until crisp. break up into chunks. put in a bowl with some coconut milk or almond milk....my daughter loved them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment